Assigned 2/2; due 2/8 by 2 p.m.
For this entry, look at three or four recent issues/editions and study the cover (or A1) of your publication. Entries should at least discuss:
• The function/purpose of the front page/cover
• Grid used, if any (number of columns/width of margins, etc.)
• Specific design elements that comprise the page, including number of stories represented
• How information is organized and prioritized (hierachy among elements)
• What role visuals play
• The tone/attitude of the cover/front page and message that sends about content
• How consistency is maintained from issue to issue
• Weaknesses and strengths of their design decisions.
Of course and as always, feel free to add any other observations.