To access the NHCloud Server and our course folders:
• Open a web browser and go to: nhcloud.syr.edu
• After a second or two, a login screen will appear prompting for a username and password.
• DO NOT USE YOUR SU LOGIN. Instead, enter the info below and you will be given access those areas of the server you are permitted to access
To upload your work:
• Double click on the folder you wish to add your files into. (Check the navigation bar above the yellow menu bar to ensure you are in the correct folder)
• Click on the “Add files…” button underneath the yellow control bar on the lefthand side.
(Note: you can only upload files not folders… If you need to upload a folder of files ‘compress’ or ‘zip’ the file before uploading it to the system)
(Note: files will be uploaded to the folder listed in the navigation bar just above the yellow control bar)
• In the pop up window, select the document(s) you wish to upload to the system, then click on the “Choose” button in the lower right corner of the window
• A final prompt will appear listing the file(s) to be uploaded. Click on the ‘Upload’ link to the right of the file name to confirm the file transfer.
• When successfully loaded, a green dot will appear to far right of the file listing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please remember that the NHCloud server is provided for those students taking a specific course in the Newhouse School which has requested access to this system. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to disseminate the username or password for your account beyond those students enrolled in the class. In addition to this, the server is not a “storage location” for personal data. All that should ever be stored on this account is information pertaining to the course for which the account was established. All course folders are disabled and removed from the servers at the end of each semester. Students are encouraged to backup their data before the end of the semester to prevent any data loss.